HOW TO CITE A DIRECT QUOTATION: It doesn’t matter if it’s a phrase or a sentence; put quote marks around the whole text that contains word-for-word replications. Include a citation inside the body of the text; the majority of citation styles require you to include a page number or paragraph number when directly quoting.
The structure of a quotation that is referenced in the text
- Include the author’s name, the year the quotation was made, and the particular page number
- In the event that the source does not include page numbers, indicate the paragraph number or a time stamp
- In the list of references, you should provide the whole citation
Enclose brief quotations in double quotation marks. According to the Modern Language Association (MLA), a quotation is considered ″short″ if it is less than four lines long.
How do you cite a direct quote in an essay?
Using a direct quote in the discussion. In order to properly cite a quotation using APA style, you must always mention the author’s last name, the year the source was published, and the page number where the quote is located. If there is just one page, the page number is preceded by ″p.″; otherwise, it is preceded by ″pp″ (for a page range).
How do you write a short direct quote?
- One to two lines make up the length of a brief direct quotation.
- It is appropriate to contain a brief direct quotation from a source within quotation marks whenever you use it in your writing.
- The format that is utilized is as follows: ″Quotation″ (surname of the author, year of publication of the source) ″He set his book of notes in front of him in a very methodical fashion″ (Gaskell, 1855).
What does directly quote mean?
- A foreign exchange rate that is offered directly to the customer in fixed units of the foreign currency and changeable quantities of the local currency is known as a direct quote.
- To put it another way, a direct currency quotation is a question that asks how much of the local currency is required to purchase one unit of the foreign currency.
- The foreign currency being referred to most frequently in forex markets is the United States dollar (USD).