In-text citations according to the APA style should include the author’s last name and the publication year, for example: (Field, 2005). Include the page number when quoting directly from a source, like in the following example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).
To properly format a quotation, begin it on a new line and move the entire quotation such that it is indented half an inch from the left margin.
How do you cite a quote directly?
The structure of a quotation that is referenced in the text
- Include the author’s name, the year the quotation was made, and the particular page number
- In the event that the source does not include page numbers, indicate the paragraph number or a time stamp
- In the list of references, you should provide the whole citation
How do you cite a direct quote in APA 7th edition?
The author-date citation approach with parenthetical references is the one that is utilized by APA 7 Style. Place the author’s name, the publication year, and the page number(s) where the quote occurs, followed by the quotation, within parenthesis after the quotation. Before typing the page number of a quotation that only takes up one page, put ″p.″ before the page number.
How do you cite a citation in APA format?
- Author, often known as the individual or organization responsible for the website
- Year (the date the document was first created or last modified)
- Title of the page (written in italics)
- If it is available, the name of the site’s sponsor
- Accessed on (the day, month, and year) that you accessed the site
- Internet address or uniform resource locator (brackets with a point)
How do you quote a person in APA format?
- When a quotation is longer than forty words, the text of the citation is presented in a separate block by itself, without any quotation marks
- In the beginning of each new line, make a vertical indentation of one half an inch
- Use double spacing for the entirety of the cited material
- After the period that closes the paragraph is where the in-text reference should go.
- The page number is indicated by p. before it
What is an example of an APA citation?
- Both the publishing year and the edition number should be provided in brackets
- When there are many writers listed in a row, the name of the final author is preceded by an ampersand (‘&’)
- Italics are required to be used for the titles of monographs, periodicals, and edited volumes
- The preposition ″in″ is exclusively used to introduce edited volumes
- In instances when video content is quoted, the must be inserted after the year in which the material was published