How to Quote on Reddit
- Open Reddit. Visit the website at https://www.reddit.com/ using the web browser on your computer
- Open a post. Locate the post on which you like to leave a quotation, and after that, click the post’s title in order to access the post
- Locate the comment that you would want to quote.
- Choose the passage that you would want to quote
- To copy the selection, click here.
Simply highlight and copy the portion of the remark that you want to quote, then generate a quote block within the text box and paste the copied portion of the comment into it. You may also quote anything by simply creating a quotation block and selecting the text you want to quote. The term ″front page of the internet″ most commonly refers to the website Reddit.
- 1 How do I superscript text in a comment on Reddit?
- 2 How do you quote a comment on Reddit mobile?
- 3 How do you quote something on Reddit?
- 4 How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
- 5 How do you quote a quote?
- 6 How do you reply to a comment on Reddit?
- 7 How do you italicize on Reddit app?
- 8 How do you hyperlink on Reddit?
- 9 How do you tag another comment on a subreddit?
- 10 Why can’t I reply to a comment on Reddit?
- 11 How do I tag someone in a comment on Reddit?
- 12 How do you quote someone’s words?
- 13 How do you show a quote?
- 14 How do you quote someone quoting someone else?
- 15 How do I create a quote from a comment?
How do I superscript text in a comment on Reddit?
- Using the carot sign, which is represented by the letter ″,″ you may superscript your text.
- It is important to keep in mind that you may also stack superscripts: Some of this material will be ″removed.″ This text will have some of it removed shortly.
- It may be necessary for you to insert a piece of code on the same line as your comment on occasion.
- You may structure your remark on Reddit like that by using inline code and the symbol ″’″ in the appropriate place.
How do you quote a comment on Reddit mobile?
Tap the ″Reply″ icon on your Android device, then click the portion of the remark that you want to quote. From the menu that appears, pick ″Quotation,″ and the text that you highlighted will show as a quote in the box where you are typing your response.
How do you quote something on Reddit?
Launch the Reddit app on your mobile device, whether it’s an Android or an iOS smartphone. Find the post that contains the comment you wish to quote, then go to that post. You may copy the text by selecting it, then pressing the button that looks like a copy machine beneath the text you wish to quote. Choose the location on which you would like to remark with your quote.
How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
Right below the comment there need to be an arrow pointing in that direction. To provide a response to the particular remark, click it. That’s incredibly cool, many thanks!
How do you quote a quote?
Use double quotation marks around the text that has to be set off with quotation marks, such as another quotation or the title of a work, if the quotation that is surrounded in single marks also contains material that needs to be set off with quotation marks. Double, single, and double quotation marks are used in this pattern.
How do you reply to a comment on Reddit?
There will be a space for you to write content in at the very bottom of the post. Simply click on it. You can also reply to any other remark by clicking the ″Reply″ button underneath that comment.
How do you italicize on Reddit app?
Excellent, and many thanks! To italicize a word or words, type asterisks before and after the word or words you wish to emphasize.
How do you hyperlink on Reddit?
- Sign in to your account on Reddit, and then open a new post
- Write your comment.
- Conduct a search on Google and make a note of the URL of the website to which you want to connect.
- Return to your remark and choose the words you would want to use as the anchor text
- To access the ″link″ toolbar, which is marked in yellow, click here.
- Click the ″insert″ button once you have pasted the link’s url
How do you tag another comment on a subreddit?
To begin utilizing mentions on subreddits, you may contribute to the discussion by leaving a remark and mentioning your community by prefixing it with ″r/.″ This will cause the message to become a hyperlink.
Why can’t I reply to a comment on Reddit?
It indicates that the moderators have closed the comments, and no further contributions are permitted. Do you have any clue why someone would have done that?
How do I tag someone in a comment on Reddit?
Add /u/ to your remark. You may add the username tag to any part of the remark by typing whatever it is you want to submit and then replacing with the Reddit user’s username wherever you see it.
How do you quote someone’s words?
If you are quoting a section of dialogue, you should use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to show that you are quoting a portion of the text. This should be done whenever you quote something that a character says. If you want to show that someone else is speaking, you should use single quotation marks inside of double quotation marks.
How do you show a quote?
- It is appropriate to leave a blank line before and after the quotation, and the entire quote should be indented from the left margin.
- Do not add any quote marks to the sentence.
- Introduce the quotation by using your own words, and then follow it with either a colon (if you have written a complete sentence) or a comma (if you use a phrase such as ‘according to’ along with the author’s name), depending on whether you used a complete sentence or a phrase such as ″according to.″
How do you quote someone quoting someone else?
Citing the name of the person whose words were recorded in a book along with the name of the author, the date, and the page reference of the work in which the quotation or reference occurs is required when making a reference to the spoken words of someone who was not the author of the text.
How do I create a quote from a comment?
After you have logged in, navigate to the remark and select the portion you wish to quote by highlighting it. You do not need to copy the selected text; instead, simply click the ″Reply″ button, and an instantaneous creation of your quotation will be made, and it will be waiting for you in the text box of the comment form.