- If a lecture is not recorded or documented in any other way, an official citation for it cannot be provided in accordance with APA style.
- The rationale behind this is that documenting sources that your audience is able to access is the only way to make the documentation relevant.
- Instead, you should generally only reference the lecture as a personal correspondence in parenthesis inside the body of the document.
- 1 How do you reference a lecture in APA format?
- 2 How to cite APA 7th edition style lectures?
- 3 How do I cite my own personal notes from a lecture?
- 4 How do I write the title of a lecture?
- 5 How do you cite a quote from a lecture?
- 6 How do you quote a professor’s lecture?
- 7 How do you in text cite a video lecture in APA?
- 8 How do you quote a video lecture?
- 9 How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint in APA?
- 10 How do you cite a speaker in APA?
- 11 How do you cite a class lecture in APA 7th edition?
- 12 How do you cite lecture Owl Purdue in APA?
- 13 How do you APA cite a video?
How do you reference a lecture in APA format?
General Guidelines Include just the information that can be found in the references provided by the source. The name of the presentation should be italicized. The week number, as well as the unit code and name, could be included in the title. Include a brief explanation of the form or file format within the brackets (e.g. PowerPoint slides, Word document, PDF file).
How to cite APA 7th edition style lectures?
The citing rules only apply to situations in which a lecture has been recorded or transcribed officially. The APA 7th edition style does not use any citations for lectures that have been attended in person, and the rules for citing only apply to situations where lectures have been recorded officially. To put it another way, your audience has to have the ability to find the lecture.
How do I cite my own personal notes from a lecture?
- Tip: If you want to cite information from your own personal notes from a lecture as personal communication and refer to it only in the body of your essay, you can follow the style guide for personal communication that is available in the Interview section.
- This guide is available in case you want to cite information from your own personal notes from a lecture.
- Check out the University of Canterbury’s website for further details on how to properly cite in APA format.
How do I write the title of a lecture?
The week number, as well as the unit code and name, could be included in the title. Include a brief explanation of the form or file format within the brackets (e.g. PowerPoint slides, Word document, PDF file). Use the lecture’s subject or a description of the presentation when there is no title for the lecture. Include the uniform resource locator (URL) for web-based lectures.
How do you cite a quote from a lecture?
Cite an oral presentation such as a lecture when you use the following format:
- The name of the presenter
- If you know it, put the title of the presentation inside of quote marks
- The name of the organization that is supporting the event
- The time of day
- The location
- The specific site. It is OK to exclude the city if it is already included in the name of the venue (for example, the Vancouver Convention Centre) (p. 50)
How do you quote a professor’s lecture?
Professor’s Last Name, First Name of Student ″Title of the Presentation″ or ″Subject of the Discussion.″ Lecture in class, the name of the course, the college, the location, the month, and the year.
How do you in text cite a video lecture in APA?
Author’s Surname, First Initial of the Title (s). (Year). The name of the lecture, with subtitles if necessary. Obtainable through the URL.
How do you quote a video lecture?
This is the MLA Style Center. To properly cite a speech or lecture that was given online, use the MLA style template. First, the name of the person giving the lecture should be listed, followed by the lecture’s title. Then include the name of the website in the container’s title, the date on which the lecture was initially uploaded, and the URL: Allende, Isabel.
How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint in APA?
Include the name of the author (the person who presented the PowerPoint), the date it was presented, the title (italicized), ″PowerPoint slides″ in square brackets, the name of the department and university, and the URL where the PowerPoint can be found. This is the format for referencing a PowerPoint presentation in APA style.
How do you cite a speaker in APA?
First and Last Name of the Speaker ″Title of the Presentation.″ Name of the Course or the Series, the Location, and the Date It Was Received Descriptor.
How do you cite a class lecture in APA 7th edition?
A list of references Last name of the Professor, First Initial of their First Name. day, month, and year of the presentation. Title of the lecture is written in italics.
How do you cite lecture Owl Purdue in APA?
The following format should be used for the citation that is to be included on the Reference page for the lecture notes: Inventor (year). Write the name of the lecture or the title of the lecture in italics.
How do you APA cite a video?
- To access the APA 6th edition guidelines, go here.
- Include the name of the person or organization that uploaded the video to YouTube, their channel name (if that is different from their real name), the date the video was uploaded, the title of the video (italicized), the word ″Video″ enclosed in square brackets, the name of the website, and a link to the video when using the APA style to cite the video.