Consequently, in this post, I will demonstrate how to quote many lines of text at once in Discord by utilizing a straightforward method:
- Launch Discord and navigate to the discussion where you want to include the quotation in order to do so. Advertisement
- Now, type >>> followed by a single click of the space bar
- Once you’ve pressed the space bar, you may begin entering the portion of the message that you wish to quote
- In the end, you need to hit the enter key to send the message. This is how a multi-line quotation looks like. You can use the screenshot as a point of reference
The process of quoting someone on Discord through the use of Code Blocks To achieve this, just include the sentence you wish to quote in two backtick symbols (″), as seen in the example. Example: ‘ The quotation ‘ (Type this without the spaces between the text and the backtick). When you carry out these steps, the sentence will be written into a code block.
- 1 How to quote on Discord?
- 2 How to quote in a text message?
- 3 What is discord and how does it work?
- 4 How do you quote a message in Discord mobile?
- 5 How do you reply to a certain part of a message on Discord?
- 6 How do you quote something?
- 7 How do you quote someone?
- 8 How do you make a Discord quote bot?
- 9 What are all the Discord commands?
- 10 How do you quote a sentence?
- 11 How do you quote through text?
- 12 How do you write a direct quote?
- 13 How do you quote within a quote?
How to quote on Discord?
The first thing you need to do is launch the Discord program on your laptop and then navigate to the server where you want to add the quoted text. Step 2: At this point, start typing >>> and then press the spacebar once. Step 3: At this point, you should start typing the message or paragraph that you wish to quote. Step 4: Send the text by pressing the ″enter″ button on your keyboard.
How to quote in a text message?
To quote a message on your mobile device, just press and hold the message for a few seconds, then hit the Quote button.Obviously, you still have the option to do it manually with the > sign.If you only require one line of quotation, use the > button, leave a space, and then start typing your phrase.
- You can also perform multiline quotations.
- After the initial line, press SHIFT + ENTER and the quotation should continue after that.
What is discord and how does it work?
Streamers and gamers alike are quite familiar with the chat tool known as Discord, which also functions as a freeware VoIP service.However, this is not the only reason why Discord has more than 140 million monthly users and a total of more than 250 million registered users; Discord has become a very well-established program that is now also utilized by corporations for things that are relevant to business.
How do you quote a message in Discord mobile?
The New Method
- Start up the Discord app on your mobile device (or any other device)
- Join a channel or have a conversation with a buddy
- Make a copy of an existing message in the conversation
- After entering the field to type in, hit the > button, followed by the space bar, and then paste the message. Then hit the Send button
- Include your response in the space provided next to the quotation as you typically would
How do you reply to a certain part of a message on Discord?
Part 1: How to Respond to a Particular Message Using the Desktop Client of Discord
- Move the mouse pointer over the remark until you see several icons appear on the right side of the message
- Now, click on the symbol that looks like an arrow
- Alternately, you may be required to choose the ellipsis (.) icon from the menu
- After clicking on the ellipsis icon, select the ″Reply″ button from the drop-down menu
How do you quote something?
If you are quoting a section of dialogue, you should use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to show that you are quoting a portion of the text. This should be done whenever you quote something that a character says. If you want to show that someone else is speaking, you should use single quotation marks inside of double quotation marks.
How do you quote someone?
The use of quotation marks (‘) is a convention that authors use to indicate that they are paraphrasing the words of another person, whether that other person is a real person, a fictional character, or a written source. Only cite the precise words of another person, whether they were said or written, inside of quote marks. This type of quotation is known as a direct quote.
How do you make a Discord quote bot?
- Make a brand-new app for Discord and call it something esoteric
- You may add a bot by going to the bot settings.
- In the settings for the OAuth2 URL Generator, make sure the scope is set to application.
- To add the bot to your server, just open the URL that was produced in your browser after you have copied it
What are all the Discord commands?
Fundamental Chat Commands for Discord
|/me||Emphasizes the text that you type after the command so that it stands out in the channel.|
|/tableflip||Inputs this emote into the channel: (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻|
|/unflip||Inputs this emote into the channel: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)|
|/shrug||Inputs this emote into the channel: ¯_(ツ)_/¯|
How do you quote a sentence?
Italics, underlining, and the rest of the punctuation marks In the United States of America, the general rule is that commas and periods should always be within the quote marks, whereas colons, semicolons, and dashes should go outside of the quotation marks. For example, Paul stated, ″There was a storm yesterday night.″
How do you quote through text?
The last name of the author is included in in-text citations, followed by the page number, which is surrounded by parentheses. ‘Here’s a direct quotation’ (Smith 8). If the name of the author is not provided, the first word or words of the title should be used instead. Be sure to apply the same formatting conventions, such as quote marks, that were utilized in the books referenced list.
How do you write a direct quote?
The middle of a paragraph is a common place for you to insert direct quotes. If you do not properly cite your sources, use double quotation marks at the beginning and end of a quote, take care to use the original author’s words word for word, and explain where you found the information, your work may be accused of plagiarism.
How do you quote within a quote?
When enclosing a quote inside of another quotation, just the single quotation mark should be used. When I interviewed the quarterback, he told me that they just ″played a better game,″ the reporter related to me what she heard from me.