In-text citations according to the APA style should include the author’s last name and the publication year, for example: (Field, 2005). Include the page number when quoting directly from a source, like in the following example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).
Can you directly quote in APA?
To properly incorporate a direct quote into your APA paper, be sure to follow these rules: Double quotation marks are used for quotes that are less than 40 words in length. A block quote is used for any quotation that is at least 40 words long. An in-text citation using the APA format will include the author, the year, and the page number.
How do you cite a quote directly?
The structure of a quotation that is referenced in the text
- Include the author’s name, the year the quotation was made, and the particular page number
- In the event that the source does not include page numbers, indicate the paragraph number or a time stamp
- In the list of references, you should provide the whole citation
How do you cite a quote within a quote APA?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to properly cite a quote within another quote.
- Please provide the last name of the original author
- Include the date on which the original work was published
- Follow the name of the work with the phrase ″as referenced in″
- Next, include the date when the cited work was initially published
- Please provide the page number where the information may be accessed
How do you cite a direct quote in APA 7th edition?
The author-date citation approach with parenthetical references is the one that is utilized by APA 7 Style. Place the author’s name, the publication year, and the page number(s) where the quote occurs, followed by the quotation, within parenthesis after the quotation. Before typing the page number of a quotation that only takes up one page, put ″p.″ before the page number.
How do you cite a quote in-text?
The last name of the author is included in in-text citations, followed by the page number, which is surrounded by parentheses. ‘Here’s a direct quotation’ (Smith 8). If the name of the author is not provided, the first word or words of the title should be used instead. Be sure to apply the same formatting conventions, such as quote marks, that were utilized in the books referenced list.