- Open Reddit. Enter https://www.reddit.com/ into the address bar of the web browser on your computer. This will open the main page for the Reddit website
- Open a post. Locate the post on which you like to leave a quotation, and after that, click the post’s title in order to access the post
- Locate the comment that you would want to quote. You will need to scroll down until you find the particular comment that you would want to quote
- Find the passage you wish to quote and select it. To choose the comment or section of information that you wish to quote, click and drag your mouse pointer over its surface
- The selection should be copied. To achieve this, you may either use the Windows shortcut Ctrl + C or the Mac shortcut Command + C
Simply highlight and copy the portion of the remark that you want to quote, then generate a quote block within the text box and paste the copied portion of the comment into it. You may also quote anything by simply creating a quotation block and selecting the text you want to quote. The term ″front page of the internet″ most commonly refers to the website Reddit.
- 1 How to quote text on Reddit?
- 2 How to make your Reddit posts more effective?
- 3 How do you quote on Reddit mobile?
- 4 How do you introduce a quote on Reddit?
- 5 How do you multi quote on Reddit?
- 6 How do you do quotes?
- 7 How do you comment on a quote?
- 8 How do you quote a thread on Reddit?
- 9 How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
- 10 How do you italicize on Reddit app?
- 11 How do you quote a quote from a website?
- 12 How do you add a comment on Reddit?
- 13 How do you comment on Reddit?
How to quote text on Reddit?
Utilizing the tilde () symbol is all that is required to quote your content on Reddit. There is also the option to nest quoted text, as shown here: Everyone desires for their links to remain on the first page. The challenge lies in the fact that it is difficult. So how can we make it happen?
How to make your Reddit posts more effective?
The effectiveness of your articles on Reddit may be easily improved through the use of formatting tricks. Making a quotation block, which makes a portion of text stand slightly apart from the rest of the document, is a straightforward formatting technique that is easy to grasp.
How do you quote on Reddit mobile?
Launch the Reddit app on your mobile device, whether it’s an Android or an iOS smartphone. Find the post that contains the comment you wish to quote, then go to that post. You may copy the text by selecting it, then pressing the button that looks like a copy machine beneath the text you wish to quote. Choose the location on which you would like to remark with your quote.
How do you introduce a quote on Reddit?
You may log in by clicking on the ″LOG IN″ button that is located in the upper-right corner of the page or at the top of the comment box. After clicking on that button, you will be prompted to enter your username and password. 3. Once you have successfully logged in, locate the comment in question and highlight the portion of it that you wish to quote.
How do you multi quote on Reddit?
Let’s say you wish to cite two separate persons in order, one after the other. In a typical scenario, that might look something like this. Do you see how they run into each other? Putting a hash symbol (‘#’) in between the quotation marks is all that is required to correct this.
How do you do quotes?
How to Quote a Quote?
- Double quotation marks should be used for direct quotations in American English, whereas single quotation marks should be used for quotations inside quotations.
- In British English, quotes should be included in single quotation marks, while quotations inside quotations should be enclosed in double quotation marks.
How do you comment on a quote?
The phrase should be rephrased. To better understand the meaning of the quote, rephrase it using your own words. You may begin by saying something like, ″To put it another way,″ and then give the statement using a variety of different expressions in order to illustrate what the author intended. It is imperative that you do not deviate from the intended message in any way.
How do you quote a thread on Reddit?
You need to take the following pieces of information into mind in order to properly reference a post from a Reddit Ask Me Anything thread:
- The name of the Ask Me Anything discussion thread that you’re referring to
- The date it was first made available
- The person who started the Ask Me Anything topic and is often its subject
- The URL (which may be seen in the address bar at the top of your web browser)
How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
Right below the comment there need to be an arrow pointing in that direction. To provide a response to the particular remark, click it. That’s incredibly cool, many thanks!
How do you italicize on Reddit app?
Excellent, and many thanks! To italicize a word or words, type asterisks before and after the word or words you wish to emphasize.
How do you quote a quote from a website?
Using Citations Within the Text Include the page number when quoting directly from a source, like in the following example: (Field, 2005, p. 14). Use a paragraph number for sources such as websites and e-books that do not include page numbers. Here is an example of how to do this: (Field, 2005, para. 1).
How do you add a comment on Reddit?
- Go to the Reddit website that has been officially sanctioned.
- Simply comment on any post by clicking on the one you wish to discuss.
- Find the remark that you wish to quote in the area labeled Comments, and then click on it.
- To copy the remark, select it and then hit the Ctrl and C keys simultaneously.
- To begin your response, click the Reply button, and then begin typing the > character.
- After you have pasted the message that you copied, click the Post button.
How do you comment on Reddit?
- On the Reddit mobile app for smartphones, you are unable to block other users from the message box.
- Launch the Reddit app on the mobile device you’re using
- Click the wheel icon that’s located in the top right corner of the screen once you’ve navigated to the discussion log.
- When the chat list appears, seek for the person whose conversations you wish to prevent and click on their name