- Open Reddit. Enter https://www.reddit.com/ into the address bar of the web browser on your computer. This will open the main page for the Reddit website
- Open a post. Locate the post on which you like to leave a quotation, and after that, click the post’s title in order to access the post
- Locate the comment that you would want to quote. You will need to scroll down until you find the particular comment that you would want to quote
- Find the passage you wish to quote and select it. To choose the comment or section of information that you wish to quote, click and drag your mouse pointer over its surface
- The selection should be copied. To achieve this, you may either use the Windows shortcut Ctrl + C or the Mac shortcut Command + C
As you can see, understanding how to quote on Reddit is a straightforward and uncomplicated process.Simply highlight and copy the portion of the remark that you want to quote, then generate a quote block within the text box and paste the copied portion of the comment into it.You may also quote anything by simply creating a quotation block and selecting the text you want to quote.
The term ″front page of the internet″ most commonly refers to the website Reddit.
- 1 Can you block quotes on Reddit?
- 2 How do you quote on Reddit mobile?
- 3 How do you reference on Reddit?
- 4 How do you quote a comment on Reddit reply?
- 5 How do you put a line through text on Reddit?
- 6 How do you quote a quote?
- 7 How do you italicize on Reddit app?
- 8 How do you hyperlink on Reddit?
- 9 How do you quote multiple paragraphs on Reddit?
- 10 How do you reference a comment?
- 11 How do you quote a forum post?
- 12 How do you do in-text citations?
- 13 How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
- 14 How do you direct message someone on Reddit?
- 15 How do you add a comment on Reddit?
- 16 How to use the Remind Me bot on Reddit?
Can you block quotes on Reddit?
Even though you can’t utilize the block quote style while posting via the Reddit mobile app, you can simply include a quote block into a post by utilizing the ″Fancy Pants Editor″ on your desktop version of Reddit. The following is a step-by-step guide that will teach you how to add a quotation block to your next post on Reddit.
How do you quote on Reddit mobile?
Launch the Reddit app on your mobile device, whether it’s an Android or an iOS smartphone. Find the post that contains the comment you wish to quote, then go to that post. You may copy the text by selecting it, then pressing the button that looks like a copy machine beneath the text you wish to quote. Choose the location on which you would like to remark with your quote.
How do you reference on Reddit?
First name of Author, Last Name of Author The title of this thread. Reddit. Date Last Accessible (Time stamp if available). URL.
How do you quote a comment on Reddit reply?
Tap the ″Reply″ icon on your Android device, then click the portion of the remark that you want to quote. From the menu that appears, pick ″Quotation,″ and the text that you highlighted will show as a quote in the box where you are typing your response.
How do you put a line through text on Reddit?
Tap POST. You’ll find it in the upper-right hand corner of the display. On Reddit, the post may now be seen by users of the website. Any text that is included between two sets of tildes () will have a line drawn through it.
How do you quote a quote?
Use double quotation marks around the text that has to be set off with quotation marks, such as another quotation or the title of a work, if the quotation that is surrounded in single marks also contains material that needs to be set off with quotation marks. Double, single, and double quotation marks are used in this pattern.
How do you italicize on Reddit app?
You may make text appear in italics by using either a single asterisk (*) or single underscore (_) in your sentence. Example: the text in this sentence is italicized, as is the text in the next sentence.
- Sign in to your account on Reddit, and then open a new post
- Write your comment.
- Conduct a search on Google and make a note of the URL of the website to which you want to connect.
- Return to your remark and choose the words you would want to use as the anchor text
- To access the ″link″ toolbar, which is marked in yellow, click here.
- Click the ″insert″ button once you have pasted the link’s url
How do you quote multiple paragraphs on Reddit?
The text of a quote is denoted by a part of the page that is indented with a gray line. Unfortunately, nested quote functionality has been removed from Reddit, at least on mobile devices. To type a quotation, you need just hit enter three times, insert a small > character, and then hit enter three times more. More text.
How do you reference a comment?
Make a reference to the individual who is making the statement, but also point out that it is a comment on the name of the original author and the title of the piece. You need to include the title of the blog or newspaper, then follow it up with the complete date of the remark.
How do you quote a forum post?
Include the name of the post’s author, the date the post was made, the name of the discussion thread, and the URL of the course when you cite a post from the conversation in your reference list. Your in-text reference would be formatted in the following order, as is customary: (Smattering, 2014).
How do you do in-text citations?
Using Citations Within the Text The in-text citation style utilized by the MLA format includes the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is derived. For instance: (Smith 163). It is not necessary to give a page number in the parenthetical citation if the source does not offer page numbers: (Smith).
How do I reply to a specific part of a comment on Reddit mobile?
Right below the comment there need to be an arrow pointing in that direction. To provide a response to the particular remark, click it. That’s incredibly cool, many thanks!
How do you direct message someone on Reddit?
- Simply navigate to Reddit’s website using the browser of your choice.
- Simply opening your account will need you to provide your login information.
- Click on the down arrow that is located next to the word ″Home″ in the top-left corner of the Reddit website
- To access your messages, navigate to the bottom of the page and click the icon labeled ″Other.″
- Just above the tabs is a label that says ″Send a Private Message.″ Click on that label.
How do you add a comment on Reddit?
- Go to the Reddit website that has been officially sanctioned.
- Simply comment on any post by clicking on the one you wish to discuss.
- Find the remark that you wish to quote in the area labeled Comments, and then click on it.
- To copy the remark, select it and then hit the Ctrl and C keys simultaneously.
- To begin your response, click the Reply button, and then begin typing the > character.
- After you have pasted the message that you copied, click the Post button.
How to use the Remind Me bot on Reddit?
– RemindMe!3 days Make a note to remind yourself at the time interval that you’ve chosen.- MyReminders!
Your responses should provide a list of the reminders, along with a link to remove each one.- Remove!123 will cancel the reminder that was provided.
– RemoveAll!Cancel all of the reminders you have set.- Delete!
123 Delete one of the comments that the RemindMeBot has made.- Cakeday!Put a note in your calendar for your cakeday every year.