″When I’m asked occasionally when will there be enough, and I respond, ‘When there are nine,’ people are astonished,″ she said. ″When there are nine.″ However, there had been nine guys, and nobody had ever questioned that fact.″ ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg
When people ask me, ″When will there be enough?″ I sometimes respond by saying that I don’t know. folks are surprised when I tell them, ″When there are nine,″ but I’m not surprised. However, there had been nine guys, and nobody had ever questioned that fact.″ -RBG.
- 1 What does’when there are nine’mean?
- 2 What are some of the best quotes about enduring change?
- 3 What does the quote when there are nine mean?
- 4 What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg famous quote?
- 5 What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg known for?
- 6 Did Ruth Bader Ginsburg say fragile like bomb?
- 7 What is an inspirational quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
- 8 What are the best inspirational quotes?
- 9 Did RBG say if you want to be a true professional?
- 10 What are famous sayings?
- 11 What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s favorite food?
- 12 What is RBG favorite color?
- 13 Is Ruth Bader Ginsburg white?
- 14 Who said fragile not like a flower like a bomb?
- 15 What does it mean to be fragile like a bomb?
- 16 Who said never underestimate the power of a girl with a book quote?
What does’when there are nine’mean?
When the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg visited Georgetown University, she made a daring (yes, brave for this day and age) comment concerning the lack of representation on the Supreme Court. She said, ″When there are nine,″ which is a reference to the number of justices on the court. Of all 115 justices, 110 have been males.
What are some of the best quotes about enduring change?
″Real change, lasting change, occurs one step at a time,″ as the saying goes. 3. ″Women have a presence in any setting where important choices are being made.″ The fact that women are the exception shouldn’t be the case.″
What does the quote when there are nine mean?
Of all 115 justices, 110 have been males. So when RBG was asked when there would be ″enough″ women on the Supreme Court, it was only logical for her to respond ″When there are nine,″ given that there may be a maximum of nine justices on the Supreme Court at any given moment (one chief justice and eight associate justices).
What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg famous quote?
″I would like to be remembered as someone who made the most of whatever skill she had in order to do her task to the very best of her abilities,″ you said. When taken to its logical conclusion, nearly any ability can be seen as potentially harmful. Do something outside of yourself if you want to be taken seriously as a professional.
What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg known for?
- Ginsburg was the second woman to be appointed to the Supreme Court and the first Jewish woman to be appointed to that position.
- As a judge, Ginsburg was regarded to be part of the moderate-liberal group on the Supreme Court.
- She presented a strong voice in favor of gender equality, the rights of workers, and the separation of religion and state.
- Ginsburg was confirmed to the Supreme Court in 1993.
Did Ruth Bader Ginsburg say fragile like bomb?
Take a look at how a body that is so ravaged by illness and cancer can yet have so much of a will to fight remaining in it. A photo of Ginsburg would be placed underneath the statement ″Not fragile like a flower, fragile like a bomb,″ which was frequently seen on merchandise sold at craft fairs, such as knee socks or hoodies, with the phrase.
What is an inspirational quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg advice ″Do not let negative feelings such as rage, jealousy, or resentment divert your attention. These are a complete waste of time and vitality. ″I have a very strong belief in the need of listening to people and gaining knowledge from them.″ ″There are a lot of times in life when things that you consider to be a hindrance turn out to be wonderful opportunities.″
What are the best inspirational quotes?
- Brief words of inspiration from others ″Having even just one optimistic thought first thing in the morning may completely transform your day.″ —
- ″Opportunities do not present themselves
- Rather, you make them.″ —
- ″Love your family, work really hard, and live the life you’ve always dreamed of living.″ —
- It is never too late to become what you have the potential to become in the past. —
Did RBG say if you want to be a true professional?
I always tell aspiring lawyers that ″if you are going to be a lawyer and merely practice your job, you have a skill—very much like a plumber.″ But if you want to be a genuine professional, you will do something that is outside of yourself. anything that makes life a bit better for others who are less fortunate than you are.’
What are famous sayings?
- The World’s Most Famous Sayings If you don’t try, you’ll miss one hundred percent of your shots. –
- You are correct in either your belief that you can or that you cannot do anything. –
- Over the years, I’ve gained the understanding that having one’s mind already made up helps to alleviate worry. –
- Although I cannot alter the course of history by myself, I can certainly make a splash in the water and set off a chain reaction. –
What was Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s favorite food?
- She was a fan of a variety of cuisines, including Italian food, seafood, various Asian dishes, and the New York staple of a bagel topped with smoked salmon.
- RBG’s life was filled with delicious food since her husband was an amazing home chef who prepared some of the most fantastic meals for the family.
- He would even bake birthday cakes for the other justices, which is an interesting fact to consider.
What is RBG favorite color?
Her Admiration for the Shade Justice Ginsburg wore a lot of blue, which was allegedly her favorite hue, but the fact that she frequently wore red suits stands out as a particularly daring decision considering the gravity of her job and the importance of her position as a member of the Supreme Court.
Is Ruth Bader Ginsburg white?
After Sandra Day O’Connor, Ginsburg was the second woman and the first Jewish woman to serve on the Supreme Court. She also became the second member of the Court.
Who said fragile not like a flower like a bomb?
Not frail like a flower, fragile like a bomb. After learning of the demise of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg a week ago, the adage that is most commonly ascribed to the Mexican painter Frida Kahlo sprang to mind (and also because there is a popular T-shirt which bears her image sporting those words).
What does it mean to be fragile like a bomb?
A timeless saying, ″Not Fragile Like a Flower, Fragile Like a Bomb,″ is most commonly connected with Frida Kahlo. However, it is also frequently associated with Ruth Bader Jones, who serves on the Supreme Court of the United States. It serves as a reminder that women may be both nurturing and powerful at the same time.
Who said never underestimate the power of a girl with a book quote?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg It’s been said that you should ″never underestimate the power of a girl with a book.″ – Book Bag Made of Cotton Canvas.