Quotes from some of Hollywood’s most beloved films include those spoken by Heath Ledger in his role as The Joker, lines from the first and the remade versions of ″Star Wars,″ and some of Quentin Tarantino’s most memorable scenes from ″Pulp Fiction.″ ″Love means never having to say you’re sorry,″ as the famous quote goes.
- 1 Where do famous quotes come from?
- 2 What is a famous quote from a movie?
- 3 What is the famous movie quote from Notting Hill?
- 4 What famous quote from Pulp Fiction is from New York City?
- 5 What is the most famous movie quote ever?
- 6 What is the best quote from a movie?
- 7 What was John Wayne’s famous line?
- 8 How do you quote movie lines?
- 9 What is the most quoted quote?
- 10 What is the famous line from Cool Hand Luke?
- 11 How can I find the name of a movie?
- 12 What did Forrest Gump say?
- 13 How do I find a movie title by scene?
- 14 What was Clint Eastwood’s famous saying?
- 15 Did John Wayne have a lung removed?
- 16 What was John Wayne’s cause of death?
- 17 What is the best quote of all time?
- 18 How do you cite a movie from Netflix?
- 19 How do you cite a quote from a person?
- 20 What are some famous quotes from the movie Conquest of Paradise?
- 21 What are some famous movie quotes that everyone gets wrong?
- 22 What is a famous quote from the movie a good year?
Where do famous quotes come from?
In addition, several well-known sayings first appeared in film. Whether you’re a movie aficionado or just like to watch a film here and there on Netflix, it’s probable that famous lines from movies have made their way into your regular lexicon, presentations, or even conversation over the water cooler.
What is a famous quote from a movie?
Famous Movie Quotes 1.″May the Force be with you.″ 2.″May the Force be with you.″ 3.-Star Wars, released in 1977 2.″There’s no place like home,″ as the saying goes.The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1939) 3.
- ″I rule over all the nations of the globe!″ -Titanic, 1997 4.
- ″Carpe diem.
- ″It’s a living thing!″ 7.
- ″Everything in life is like a box of chocolates,″ my mother constantly remarked.
- ″You can count on me.″ 1984: The Year of the Terminator
What is the famous movie quote from Notting Hill?
″All I am is a girl standing in front of a male and pleading with him to love me,″ she said. —Julia Roberts in her role as the character Anna Scott in the film Notting Hill. These movies are well-known for their famous lines from the movies, whilst these other movies are well-known for their famous one-liners.
What famous quote from Pulp Fiction is from New York City?
However, the iconic statement that everyone remembers, ″The famous quote that steals the show,″ is one that Hoffman utters while he is crossing a street in New York City. This street, along with the other 65 classic movie settings listed here, is one of those real-life locations that may be visited.
What is the most famous movie quote ever?
100 YEARS100 MOVIE QUOTES FROM THE AFI CENTENNIAL
- ‘Frankly, my darling, I don’t give a damn.’ The year 1939’s Gone with the Wind
- ″I’m going to make him an offer that he just can’t reject,″ I told him. The Godfather (Released in 1972)
- ‘You don’t comprehend! I could have been more refined.
- ″Toto, I have a sense that we are no longer in Kansas,″ Dorothy said Toto. Magic in the Land of Oz (1939)
- ‘Here’s looking at you, youngster.’
What is the best quote from a movie?
- The Best One-Hundred Movie Quotes Ever Said ‘Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.’ –
- ″I’m going to make him an offer that he can’t reject,″ is what I’m going to say to him.
- ‘You don’t comprehend!
- ″Toto, I get the distinct impression that we are no longer in Kansas.″ –
- ‘Here’s looking at you, child.’ –
- ‘Go ahead, make my day.’ –
- ″It’s all good, Mr.
- ″May the Force be with you,″ a Star Wars greeting. –
What was John Wayne’s famous line?
″Speak softly, speak slowly, and try not to divulge too much information.″ It has been said that ″Every fight is fought by fearful men who would rather be anywhere else.″ It’s been said that ″a guy has to do what a man has to do.″ ″We’re wasting precious sunshine.″
How do you quote movie lines?
The in-text reference provides the last name of the director, and the year. If you are referring to a specific remark or scene from the movie, include a timestamp to link the reader to the appropriate segment. Last name, Initials.
What is the most quoted quote?
- The Most Well-Known Quotations ″The brave shall inherit the earth.″ – Virgil. The definition of life is what takes place while you’re busy planning other plans
- It has been said that ″time is money.″ – Benjamin Franklin.
- ″I arrived, I saw, I conquered.″ – Julius Caesar.
- ″When life hands you lemons, create lemonade.″ – Elbert Hubbard.
- ″Just be who you are if you want to enjoy life.″ – A work by Leo Tolstoy
What is the famous line from Cool Hand Luke?
″Sometimes doing nothing may be a very fantastic hand,″ as the saying goes. -Luke.
How can I find the name of a movie?
Who are these people? Searching for the actors who appeared in a film might be one of the quickest and easiest ways to discover the name of the film. You may check the filmography of an actor by visiting their page on either Wikipedia or IMDb, and there you should be able to discover the movie that you are searching for.
What did Forrest Gump say?
That’s what Mr. Gump had to say, too. Hanks was questioned over the missing speech, and he responded by saying that Forrest’s speech was rather brief and endearing as usual. It would appear that he remarked something along the lines of, ″Sometimes when people go to Vietnam, they go home to their mommas without any legs.″ There are occasions when they don’t even bother to go home.
How do I find a movie title by scene?
Where Can I Find My Movie? is an extremely precise movie discovery website that can determine the name of a film based on a scene or storyline description, a partial title, as well as the names of the actors and directors in the film.
What was Clint Eastwood’s famous saying?
Nobody has a guarantee that tomorrow will come.
Did John Wayne have a lung removed?
Although he is most remembered for his appearances in westerns, Wayne was also a versatile actor who appeared in everything from action films to romantic leads. He is the director of almost 200 films. He was a habitual smoker, and in 1964, the majority of his left lung was removed. Fifteen years later, Wayne passed away from complications related to stomach cancer. He was 72.
What was John Wayne’s cause of death?
John Wayne, a legendary American film actor who was famed for playing in innumerable westerns, passed away on June 11, 1979 at the age of 72 after fighting cancer for more than a decade prior to his death.
What is the best quote of all time?
- The 100 Most Famous Quotes in the History of the World The greatest accomplishment in life is not to never fall, but to get back up after each and every one that we do. –
- Stop talking and start acting is the best approach to get things moving in the right direction. –
- Because of this, you shouldn’t squander your time trying to live someone else’s life
How do you cite a movie from Netflix?
You will need the following pieces of information in order to properly reference a Netflix video:
- Movie’s title that may be found on Netflix
- Netflix is the name of the website
- Names of any persons who directed, produced, or performed in the work
- The year when the movie was first shown
- Identifying information on the manufacturing or distribution firm
How do you cite a quote from a person?
Citing the name of the person whose words were recorded in a book along with the name of the author, the date, and the page reference of the work in which the quotation or reference occurs is required when making a reference to the spoken words of someone who was not the author of the text.
What are some famous quotes from the movie Conquest of Paradise?
From the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise; for more on this quote, see the following: ″- Sanchez: I see roofs, I see castles, I see buildings, and I see spires that extend all the way up to the sky!I saw civilisation!- Columbus: Every one of them was constructed by people just like me.Sanchez, no matter how long you live, there is something in the way in which we relate to each other that will never shift.I did it.You didn’t.″
What are some famous movie quotes that everyone gets wrong?
″Carpe diem. Seize the day, you young men. —Robin Williams in his role as John Keating in the movie ″Dead Poets Society.″ The most famous lines from films are frequently misquoted. Check out these well-known movie quotations that almost everyone gets wrong. ″That’ll do, pig. That’ll do, thanks. —James Cromwell, in the role of Arthur Hoggett, in the play Babe
What is a famous quote from the movie a good year?
A Good Year is the source of this quotation; for further information, see the film. ″Never touch a burning dog.″ Max Skinner is played by Russell Crowe. I Know What You Did Last Summer is the title of the film from which this quotation originates.